This week’s VTuber News and happenings are positively WILD. We’re checking at our tracker and we’re logging nearly 100 links. I wager robots will hate this change after they check this one. We also have YFUBABY’s “Dimensions” live efficiency and Mori Calliope’s clinical destroy this week. As a result of the sheer alternative of events from this week—and also final week—we’ll prefer to summarize to the better of our efforts this week’s digest.
Celebrating Milestones this Week
We first start with milestones and anniversaries: Congratulations to the following reaching subscriber/follower milestones and anniversaries:
- Ironmouse of VShojo and Indie VTuber ShyLily (for his or her story-breaking Twitch subathons)
- Vox Akuma of Nijisanji EN’s Luxiem (300,000 YouTube subscribers—52 days after debut)
- Inui Toko of Nijisanji (570,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Risu Ayunda of Hololive Indonesia (150,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Nene Amano of Manufacturing Kawaii (100,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Millie Parfait of Nijisanji EN’s Ethyria (100,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Hina Misora of WACTOR (100,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Hime Hajime of VShojo (1st year anniversary)
- Ywuria, Indie VTuber (20,000 Twitch followers)
- Shoto, Indie VTuber (100,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Ririsya, Indie VTuber (50th acoustic song bolt)
- Inukai Purin of Tsunderia (who returns to streaming after a prolonged while)
Mafumafu’s Bid Message to Rushia Misinterpreted by Viewers
We now had been made mindful of Uruha Rushia’s contemporary topic—one tiny Discord desktop notification brought on yet one other immense misunderstanding between her and the followers. At some stage in her livestream with Sakura Miko, Rushia receives a message from utaite and Merise co-founder Mafumafu: “[redacted]-chan, I’m accomplished streaming, I’m going relieve home.” The inability of appropriate context, plus the persona of Rushia’s bolt expertise and the free up of her Lifelong Engagement Ring (birthday items) led some viewers to fetch angry.
Upon further review, we’re studying that there are two meanings to this: Whether Mafumafu is cohabiting with Rushia, or as Kris the Holosimp positive aspects out, he’s at his home to play games along with her on-line. The singer and Merise virtual expertise community co-founder has already apologized, clarifying that he grew to develop into associates with Rushia via a recreation and there is now not any cohabitation.
On Rushia’s raze, she build the bolt to interior most however has yet to tweet after the incident. As we would like all people a in point of fact chilly mood, followers are already rallying within the relieve of her, tweeting #るしあ大好きだよ (I LOVE Rushia).
MysteriaLive 2nd Expertise Dissolved Even Sooner than Formally Debuting
On the assorted side of the enviornment, VTubers belonging to the supposedly upcoming Expertise 2 of South Africa’s MysteriaLive exposed the community for its behavior. In the 10-page describe tweeted by then-Gen 2 member Valera Kitsu along with a command material warning on “Allusions to Predatory Habits,” they laid out the principle positive aspects, the elephantine info and what they request shifting forward.
MysteriaLive administration refuses to tackle this topic till they’ve a lawyer involved, asking all people to wait and see as they safe all of their info.
NFT Music Circulation “Streamer.FM” Emerges After HitPiece’s Silence
Last week, we reported the existence of non-fungible token (NFT) platform HitPiece, which has uploaded artist discographies without permission. After the backlash, the positioning has since shut its doors, with a message: “We Began the Conversation and We’re Listening.” This week, one other NFT platform has emerged: NFT Music Circulation offers “a non-public NFT Music platform the build command material creators can sign for audio & track command material and fetch paid in crypto.”
Music producer and VTuber Synthia Iona reiterates that she’s going to never mint her works as NFTs. Artist, composer, singer and VTuber Moon Jelly instructed the carrier she never gave consent, asking why is her track on their web site. Multiverse Monarch already has a imaginative and prescient for these platforms: “You and me in court, cramped one.”
We looked for anything else associated to VTubers on the positioning, and saw rapper Connor Quest’s 2021 rap “V-TUBER GIRLS ARE IMPROVING MY LIFE!” We then emailed him, and right here’s his elephantine answer to us, published along with his permission:
I’m very mindful of the putrid works of HitPiece. They archaic Spotify’s URI machine to effectively decide creators’ works and promote them as NFT’s with none consent or dialog with the artists. Any of them. A total bunch of creators who I do know for my fragment had been targeted and the extensive majority of them had been extraordinarily unhappy, myself included.
No longer fully this, however in addition to they produced fallacious and inflated follower and engagement ratios on their web site. HitPiece changed into once nothing short of a scam and they’d be very lucky to no longer have a slew of ethical circulate taken in opposition to them. I want to listen to nothing more of them, or any NFT associated command material. I end no longer strengthen an industry which champions theft and deceit.
Connor Quest, rapper, concerning HitPiece and assorted platforms with identical nature (Email interview)
Non-fungible tokens are the most up-to-date craze in cryptocurrency and blockchain. The OpenSea market currently lists 27 million NFTs, with the ideal merchandise listed on the platform currently priced at 5,000 ETH (spherical 14 million US dollars).
VTuber Lists Down Many Concerns within the Team
Capping off the UGLY side of this VTuber news spherical-up (in all caps) is a thread from Excessive★Roller of Kaiteki Reside. The overall tweet thread sums up the failings the neighborhood is going via. Right here’s a pattern:
Furthermore, within the event you fetch banned, Girl_DM has main advice: Don’t vent about being banned on assorted streams.
The Execrable (and Unhappy)
Every other build of graduation announcements, VTubers announcing breaks, and warnings from companies are included in this piece.
- OTAHOO Mission presented that Hano Hirai (Hyena) graduates as a VTuber as a result of unpreventable circumstances. His channel is hacked, rendered non-accessible and no strengthen has been given from YouTube in insist to reclaim it.
- Shura from Amber Glow to graduate March 6 “to in the end capture duty and develop into an elf princess.”
- Kotonoha Daku of MAHA5 Japan graduates as a result of family circumstances.
VTubers Who Are Taking a Rupture
- CyberLive’s Iekushi Chapipi takes a destroy as a result of health constraints.
- MaiR Hoshino to capture a one-month destroy.
- Manufacturing Kawaii’s Aruru Grey takes a destroy “to face herself and severely maintain about her streams to this level and in the end.”
- Shishiro Botan can be in clinical institution for a week, and asks followers to appreciate her by no longer speculating.
AZKi’s Transition to Hololive Manufacturing: Genuine Net web site online and Store to Shut
As virtual diva AZKi transfers from INNK Music to the principle Hololive Manufacturing branch, her genuine web site and retailer can be closed on April 1, 2022. Fans can fully favor merchandise by February 28.
Agencies Warn Fans Concerning Unofficial Accounts, Fraudsters
- Graphics studio Uwu Media warns users in opposition to Fiverr accounts the utilization of their works to ascertain in orders.
- ZEA Cornelia of Nijisanji ID warns followers about unofficial accounts, announcing that she “doesn’t have any assorted social media accounts in addition to Twitter, [Facebook] page, and YouTube.”
- Nijisanji warns all people no longer to clip/reupload command material from membership streams/paid command material.
Nijisanji Reduces Exercise of Its Studios As a result of Rising COVID-19 Cases
Nijisanji presented that they’re going to be cutting again the utilization of its studios in light of COVID-19 unfold. As a result of this, big-scale collaborations can be cancelled, along with some deliberate are living streams. Japan has recorded 101,000 unique COVID-19 circumstances because the announcement is posted on Twitter Tuesday, February 8. The agency also informed all people to watch out because the unfold of infection continues.
SIM Card Registration Invoice Raises Concerns for Philippine VTubers
The 18th Congress of the Philippines has ratified the describe of Residence Invoice 5793 and Senate Invoice 2395, identified because the SIM Card Registration bill. The bill is passed on to the President for his signature final February 2 to be enacted as a laws, however it might per chance well presumably well additionally also lapse into laws if the President did no longer label the bill 30 days upon receipt.
The bill is passed to discourage criminals from the utilization of cellphones and social media to end their activities equivalent to text scams, bank fraud, and disinformation amongst others. This mandate will require all cell telephone owners to register their info to their telco supplier.
Looking relieve at the Senate model, the telco supplier shall then forward the registration data to a central database accessible by the local Division of Recordsdata and Communications Expertise (DICT) and its attached agency National Telecommunications Commission (NTC). It’s understood that the info can be saved safely by the NTC in compliance with the Records Privacy Law of 2012, which also established the National Privacy Commission, which might per chance possibly presumably even be an attached agency of the DICT.
Unfortunately, Philippine VTubers caught shield of this news and are concerned for his or her privacy as they shield their in-true-lifestyles identities closely guarded. They, along with others who’ve interplay on-line under a assorted persona, aired their opposition to the bill on Twitter.
There are traces within the Senate model under Portion 10—Penalties. Starting at Net page 4 Line 28, the penalty for the utilization of fictitious identities to register SIM Playing cards is imprisonment starting from six months and sometime to 12 years, or a tender of up to 200,000 pesos, or every.
On the assorted hand, the deputy speaker of the Residence of Representatives acknowledged that the telcos as effectively as starting up and courier riders strengthen the shuffle for SIM Card registration. Courier and starting up riders are victims of fallacious bookings which sign them their onerous-earned money.
This piece is updated to contain further data.
Multiverse Monarch’s TikTok Videos Taken Down As a result of Sing Violations
Capping off this build of VTuber news on the rotten class—Multiverse Monarch, AmaLee’s VTuber persona, contests TikTok’s elimination of some of her videos on the grounds of “sexual command material and nudity.” Monarch stresses that there might per chance be no questionable command material, and asks for a human to ascertain the removals. Her TikTok post on Rune Manufacturing facility 5 changed into once taken down however changed into once reinstated afterwards—however her most up-to-date “Too hot for TikTok” post is taken down. We are going to shield monitoring this topic.
Some Intriguing VTuber News
- Ywuria, who has reached her milestone, has left OTAHOO Mission and goes self sustaining. She can then be a half of Polariz Mission, which in line with Ywu herself, is a community of self sustaining streamers.
- Cosplayer HaneAme will fetch her VTuber “pores and skin” and is made up our minds to debut this March.
- Vocaloid Luo Tianyi, who might per chance possibly presumably even be a virtual singer, graced the gap of the Beijing 2022 Iciness Olympic Games’ Cultural Festival. Japan-essentially essentially essentially based LATEGRA took sign of manufacturing, modelling, CG manufacturing and AR expertise.
- Nippon TV Team executes its first predominant reorganization in 10 years, remodeling the community’s V-Clan subsidiary genuine into a chase-off company called CLAN Leisure. The reorganization, which also contains changes to its VAP agency, is done “to enhance administration efficiency of every community, and to elevate the level of overall power of the total community.”
- Italian Influencer advertising agency FLU sheds spotlight on Italian VTuber scene because it aspects the country’s first VTuber company, V-Corp. This company is established by Yuniiho, Dyarikku and Hiroshi, three noted VTubers within the Italian market.
- VTuber Serotina requested for a Twitter take care of which tracks graduation announcements, and her wish changed into once granted with the gap of @VT_Obituaries.
- In the period in-between in food and snacks, any individual left Hololive CEO YAGOO a pack of Lotte Crunky chocolate bar that contains Hololive designs. Selen Tatsuki requested her viewers to indicate ingredients for her Dragoon Bento.
- Capping off this checklist of VTuber news—Kson’s LINE Stickers are now available.
We’re nearly at the raze of this week’s VTuber news recap (which is, again, quite a bit) with the favorable form stuff, let’s fetch started with the raze two companies:
Hololive VTuber News
- Subaru Oozora will get a teach cameo on the most up-to-date Lupin III series—right here’s the soundbite.
- Unbiased Smile Firm declares TEN unique and updated Hololive Manufacturing figures—this covers the Nendoroid, Figma and Pop-up Parade traces.
- Tokino Sora’s fan-club reopens with two kinds of memberships, every having their build of advantages.
- Moreover, the Hololive Fan Club is now in a brand unique home develop into self sustaining from its earlier Niconico setup.
- Hololive has transitioned to the Multi-Channel Network layout this week—they’re asking members to ascertain their membership and manually renew if main.
Nijisanji VTuber News
- Hayato Kagami enters a tag collaboration with Irohani Wine. This has to be the 2nd time a VTuber has collaborated with a wine tag.
- Nijisanji commemorates its 4th anniversary by placing adverts at Shibuya, Osaka Umeda, Nagoya and Sapporo practice stations. That is effectively-got by followers.
- Fans greet Shirayuki Tomoe a chuffed birthday with a bus wrap.
- Enna Alouette opens channel memberships.
- Some items within the Nijisanji 4th Anniversary Unbiased are available again starting up February 10.
1,809 Virtual Talents to Appear at Kizuna AI’s Hey, World 2022 Live efficiency
Kizuna Ai’s personnel has got more than 6,000 submissions to be segment of her Hey, World 2022 live efficiency. A total of 1,809 virtual talents are picked by raffle to be a half of Ai-chan, including our very own Tsukimi Lune, have discontinuance Nijisanji livers, members of Indonesia’s MAHA5, Portion-Join, WACTOR, PRISM Mission and more.
Other Unbiased VTuber News this Week
- Thirteen (13) VTubers from PRISM Mission, MyHolo TV and Manufacturing Kawaii did a Crab Game collaboration, and as with all Crab Game collab, it’s wild.
- Virtunix agency of Indonesia’s Media Formasi asks followers what they want to be included as merchandise.
- Two VTubers return to streaming: KoMETA’s Elaine has recovered from COVID-19 and has notorious her birthday. Indonesia’s Mythia Batford returns to streaming as effectively after a hiatus attributable to clinical considerations. Moreover to these two, pioneering Indonesian VTuber Maya Putri has teased her return to streaming.
- Indie VTuber Emiri Kura launched her first song, “Dream,” which premiered February 6 and as of this writing has 1,113 views on YouTube.
- Singapore’s VReverie community has teased three unique members for its first expertise—Lilrya, Ophelia and Nova.
- The predominant Say THE Virtual opponents hosted by Virtual YouTubers Philippines is a success—Mika Mahika is crowned the champion after competing in opposition to 8 assorted VTubers. Norumaru executed presumably the most takedowns right via the opponents, and Kuri Sutaru is hailed as an viewers current.
- The 10th Thailand Zocial Awards has identified VTubers for the principle time. Thai VTubers HORI 07 (MyHolo TV), Aisha Channel, Laibaht (ManyVProject), Hinabe Hongfei and Laguna Juju (Pixela) are listed as finalist VTubers under the Absolute top Influencer on Social Media class. The award ceremony can be streamed are living on Fb on February 22.
- In Events: Life Love a Reside 3 virtual idol competition is made up our minds from March 25 to 27. A VTuber Prom with Miller and Ven can be held on February 13.
- Ayane Hylo of CyberLive goes self sustaining, the agency has presented, announcing that they came to this conclusion for the genuine. Hylo on her segment tweeted that she has so many plans and she “couldn’t be happier appropriate now.”
Further: Labeled Adverts for VTubers, Editors, etc.
We are nearly accomplished, however let’s take a have a look at the starting up applications within the Classifieds:
- New VTuber project “Blast Mission” is established, and applications are start. They’ll focal level on are living games. The corporate within the relieve of this project is headed by Taiki Iwanaga, formerly of Ichikara (now ANYCOLOR).
- CLive (pronounced clive) opens auditions for English and Japanese speakers.
- Kawa Leisure opens applications for VTubers.
- Hololive ID opens up applications for creators for attainable collaborations.
- French Indie VTuber Saruei opens applications for editors.
- PRISM Mission Expertise 2’s (Rita Kamishiro / Araka Luto) 1st Year Anniversary Mission “ERROR: MISSING RECORDS” opens, and artists are invited to send artworks in line with its lore manual.
- Japan’s Kanda Tamagoken restaurant seeks expertise for his or her genuine VTuber, and DELTA-V Co., Ltd. will take care of the audition activity.
Thank you for reading this week’s VTuber News Round-up till the raze. We are chuffed to checklist down a digest of all VTuber news from this week on my own—a total of 83 out of 90 tales we tracked are included in this spherical-up.
Sooner than we mean you can be ready to head, allow us to fragment a portion of advice: Bear in mind to flip off the total lot properly, or else you’d additionally turn out with a sleeping bolt by chance. That is what Vivi the Dragon has skilled as she goes to the place of work.
Right here’s to more VTuber news subsequent week (which we imagine can be THIS many again). We hope you’d additionally very effectively be greeted by your associates dressed up as VTubers on your birthday.
Banner Picture: Kizuna Ai with Anime Nook’s Tsukimi Lune / Uruha Rushia © COVER Corp / Ayane Hylo
Jay Agonoy has written characteristic tales for web sites equivalent to Rappler and The Reimaru Files, as effectively as moderated have discontinuance panel discussions on the local anime and cosplay neighborhood.
In the intervening time, he hosts keepsakes., a sing discussing about being an anime fan within the Philippines.
Prior to joining Anime Nook as its contributing author, Jay has lined events within the Philippine Otaku neighborhood since 2010. (Witness Jay’s contemporary portfolio on MuckRack.)