(Last Updated On: November 1, 2021)
A short television anime inspired by IRODORIMIDORI, a high school girl rock band born out of SEGA Interactive’s arcade rhythm game franchise, CHUNITHM, has been confirmed to be now in the works for a 2022 premiere. Irodorimidori is a high school band with only one goal in mind: to receive the mystical “extra credit” that is rumored to be awarded to those who perform well at the school festival.
IRODORIMIDORI original members:
- Serina Akesaka (vocal/drums): Emi Nitta (Honoka Kouska in Love Live!)
- Aliciana Ogata (vocal/guitar): Ayaka Fukuhara (Rin Shibuya in The [email protected] Cinderella Girls)
- Nazuna Tennozu (vocal/guitar): Ayano Yamamoto (Shiki in SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI MASTER
- Nagi Kobotoke (vocal/keyboards): Kaoru Sakura (Eru Amami in D_CIDE TRAUMEREI THE ANIMATION)
- Naru Hakobe (voval/bass): M・A・O (Saki Hanakago in Platinum End)
The story takes place at Maigahara High School attached to Maigahara College of Music, also known as “Maimai”. In this school, where students who aspire to become musicians gather, some students whisper the rumor that they will receive a mysterious score by giving their best performance at the school festival. The source of the rumor is unknown, but mainly the students whose grades are not so good before the festival participate. Like the other students, IRODORIMIDORI also decided to make his long-awaited appearance at the festival.
The game was officially released in Japan on July 16, 2015, and the band also began their mixed media development based on the music used in the game, such as radio dramas, manga, manga short films, and live concert events. The five members of IRIDORIMIDORI’s original lead voice cast in the game will also reprise their roles in the anime.
While no staff information is currently available, the band’s anime music video “Change Our MIRAI !,” posted in July 2015, was produced by TRIGGER and directed by Ikuo Geso (Hackadoll).
Source: “IRODORIMIDORI” official website via Crunchyroll