The Dutch cycling champion Amy Pieters underwent surgery for the head injuries sustained after a fall
during training on Thursday and was induced into artificial coma
, indicated this Friday his team Team SD Worx.
“Amy Pieters had surgery yesterday (this Thursday) on her head. During the operation the doctors have reduced the pressure caused by the accident. It will be induced into an artificial coma for a few days “, specified the formation in a statement published on its Twitter account.
“When the doctors wake her up in a few days, it will then be possible to make a diagnosis on eventual sequelae “, added the team, specifying that her family has been able to join the cyclist in a hospital in Alicante (Spain), where she was transferred after the accident .
Update situation Amy Pieters
Yesterday Amy Pieters was operated on her head. During this operation, the doctors took away the pressure in her head that was created by the fall. Amy will be kept asleep the coming days.
More info: https: //t.co/eNW5rxbPfx pic.twitter.com/QQqEhtAFUH
– Team SD Worx (@teamsdworx) December 24, 2021
This happened during a team session near Calpe, a coastal city north of Alicante, when got hooked on several components from the formation and went to the ground.Related news
Pieters, 30, is a specialist in pint strength tests, having been world champion of the race to the American three times (2019 , 2020, 2021) with his compatriot Kirsten Wild and European road champion in 2019.More from WorldMore posts in World »
- El presidente alemán, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, reelegido para un segundo mandato de cinco años
- La ‘Macarena’, en bucle, revulsivo contra los antivacunas en Nueva Zelanda
- La negativa a hacerse una PCR en Rusia motivó la larga mesa que Putin impuso a Macron
- China recrudece el control a la prensa extranjera durante los Juegos Olímpicos de Invierno