June 8, 2021 | 10:40am
“Bachelorette” Season 16 castoff Blake Moynes is back and ready for a shot at love with Season 17 star Katie Thurston.
The 30-year-old wildlife manager, who appeared on Clare Crawley and Tayshia Adams’ season of “The Bachelorette” last fall, is set to join Thurston, also 30, as teased in a preview during Monday night’s premiere.
“I am a little bit late to this, but Katie is the one, so, I just had to show up,” Moynes said in a confessional.
In the clip, the Canada native was also seen holding a radio outside of Thurston’s window, à la John Cusack in 1989’s “Say Anything.”
Unfortunately for Moynes, it appeared Thurston was the only one welcoming him with open arms, as one suitor stared in disbelief and said, “I can’t believe he’s here.”
Although Moynes was eliminated in Week 9 of Adams’ “Bachelorette” season, rumors are swirling (spoiler alert!) that he makes it far in Thurston’s season, according to “Bachelor” aficionado “Reality Steve” Carbone.
In addition to Moynes, contestant Greg Grippo — who received Thurston’s first impression rose in Monday’s episode — has also been linked to “final four” reports.
Andrew Spencer, a pro football player from Vienna, Austria, and Justin Glaze, an investment sales consultant from Baltimore, are also rumored to be serious contenders.
It would not be a surprise if Moynes does indeed make it to the end, as Thurston told Us Weekly on Monday that they “had chatted before” filming began.
The bank marketing manager first appeared on Matt James’ season of “The Bachelor” in early 2020. She was named “The Bachelorette” for Season 17 in March, with fellow “Bachelor” alum Michelle Young set to follow suit for Season 18.
Adams and former “Bachelorette” Kaitlyn Bristowe joined Thurston’s season as co-hosts after Chris Harrison stepped away from the franchise earlier this year.
Harrison, the “Bachelor” franchise’s longtime host, had come under fire in February for defending James’ winner Rachael Kirkconnell’s racially insensitive past. He later apologized for speaking “in a manner that perpetuates racism.”
After Page Six broke the news last week that Harrison, 49, was not expected to return to “Bachelor in Paradise” this summer, with David Spade filling in among a revolving cast of guest hosts, Deadline reported on Tuesday that the host has exited the franchise for good with a “mid-range eight-figure payoff.”
“The Bachelorette” airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.